How to compare database schemas
The Project Version containing the target schema information to be upgraded to.
The Project Version containing the schema information to be upgraded from.
Typically, the Reference Version is taken from a development database, whereas the difference version is taken from a production database or a previous version of the development database.
- Create a Project
- Create a Project Version in the Project containing the schema information of the Reference Version
- Create a Project Version in the Project containing the schema information of the Difference Version
- In the Project menu, select Comparison, New
- Enter an ID, select the Reference and Difference Versions, press Create
- Press Calculate
- The follow-up page shows a list of all differences between the two versions
- In the Comparison menu, select Selection
- Check all differences to be scripted, and press the Save Selection linkbutton
- In the Comparison menu, select Generate Script
- Press Generate, Download, and optionally Save